MedSleep’s network of clinics are committed to providing the highest quality sleep services across Canada. We strive to be pioneers in sleep medicine utilizing the latest in technology, promoting education, and participating in clinical research and the advancement of new treatments. To learn more about us please visit our website www.medsleep.com
This role is a 12 month pregnancy leave term. Opportunity may exist within MedSleep for the candidate to assume a full-time role with the Company following successful completion of the 12 month period.
The Director of Operations provides overall operational leadership, support and guidance to a group of existing and newly acquired/established Sleep Medicine clinics. This role leads, manages and executes all operational activities and oversees medical administrative functions and clinical lab operations. In addition, this role manages various organizational wide strategic projects and ensures compliance to all relevant industry and internal policies, procedures and regulations. The Director plays a key role liaisoning with physician specialists at each location and in maintaining all quality standards. This role involves active, “hands-on” involvement with the teams and locations under its scope. This role will involve regular, weekly, travel.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Oversee the operations of existing and newly acquired/established Sleep Medicine clinics. Provide leadership, guidance and support to Clinic Managers, Administrators and other local staff in establishing, and adhering to, best practices, protocols, legislative, industry and College standards.
• Maintain a focus on quality and customer service. This will be done in a number of ways, including attaining established quality objectives and analyzing, and acting upon, key quality indicators and metrics.
• Oversee and manage P&L information, contribute to the development of/and adherence to budgets.
• Provide coaching, mentoring, guidance and motivation to direct reports. Advise on staffing needs, participate in interviews and lead performance management. Develop talent from within. Build and maintain strong relationship with all employees, physicians, patients and external clients and vendors.
• Guide and/or participate in marketing activities that promote MedSleep to physicians. Track results attained.
• Ensure efficient, timely, accurate recording of finances, including invoicing (physicians, third party clients, research sponsor), tracking of all accounts receivable (Level 1, third party payments, research, and consulting overhead).
• Other projects as may be assigned.
• 3-5 years of experience which must include a proven track record of operational leadership and the direct leadership of teams.
• University undergraduate degree in sciences business or MBA.
• Experience within the field of healthcare and/or specialized medical care is an asset.
• Experience with EMR systems and medical billing are assets.
• PSG/RPSGT designation an asset.
• A proven track record of successfully leading and developing teams.
• Experience managing clinics remotely is an asset.
• Travel is required in this role.